Houseshare / House Share / Houseshares
Great tips for Housesharing for Students and Professional
- Be clear about how long you need to live in the house share and if you need to be flexible.
Short lets and letting on a Monday to Friday basis is possible so you don’t sign up to something you don’t need.
There are loads of house shares available so you can afford to be picky.
- Make sure you put your profile on the house share websites (like this one!). List a truthful summary of yourself so you get the best share for you,
you don’t need to pretend you’re something you’re not!
It won’t suit your housemates and it could lead to an uncomfortable living situation in the future.
- Ensure you know the house share rules if you have a live with the landlord or if you’re living with other renters, it will lead to more comfortable house!
- Make clear anything you’ll need in the room / house, e.g. TV aerial, wardrobe, broadband internet or cable / satellite TV
- Be upfront about your working hours and understand those of your fellow housemates. Also if you like to go out
and come back late regularly it might make sense to be honest about this, if your housemate is the opposite it could cause problems.
- Consider house size, bigger shares could include a large garden and outdoor facilities and might be cheaper.
However think about how many people you’ll actually be living with!
- Consider contents insurance, there are firms who offer houseshare insurance products giving you greater protection